We are Re-opening Freeman Plastic Surgery & MedSpa to patient care on Monday May 11, 2020.
Welcome back! We are so excited to see you again!!! We want to reassure you that we are here to support you, care for you, but also to keep you and our employees safe. We will start by seeing a select number of patients in the Idaho Falls office for follow-ups, consultations, cosmetic medical and surgical procedures. We are relying on the guidelines set forth by the State of Idaho, the American College of Surgeons, and local and state departments of health. Decisions about our practice and your care are being made with careful thought. We will continue to work to ensure your needs are met while protecting your health and safety as well as our staff. We will also continue to review current recommendations and will proceed based information provided by numerous trusted sources.
When possible, we encourage you to use our new virtual consultation process, which has worked extremely well during office closure. Please use online paperwork as much as possible to reduce appointment and waiting times. We aim to make your visit as comfortable and streamlined as possible with new infection control precautions:
- Directing our own team members to stay home if they are feeling sick and/or if they are caring for someone with illness. We apologize but if your provider is feeling ill, it is possible that your appointment may have to be rescheduled with rather short notice.
- Asking our patients to also stay home if they aren’t feeling well and contact their primary physician’s office for the appropriateness of testing and treatment.
- We will be taking temperatures of both staff and patients every day as they enter our office.
- We are asking patients to answer a few screening questions upon arrival recent or current cough, fever, chills, severe fatigue, shortness of breath and living with or close contact with someone with a known infection or these symptoms).
- We will have to excuse patients if they are ill on arrival, fail screening questions, or are not compliant with our enhanced care policies, referring patients to PCP for evaluation.
- Performing enhanced cleaning practices with antibacterial and antiviral cleaning products in our offices daily and in between patient visits.
- Direct private rooming of most patients on arrival with limited time in waiting area.
- We are limiting the total number of people in our office to 10. If we are at capacity, we will ask you to wait in your car. We will text you when we are ready for your appointment.
- We have to insist that ONLY patients come into the office. Refrain from bringing any children, family or friends to your appointments in order to maintain the physical distancing protocol.
- Hand washing — staff wash their hands frequently with soap and water between each patient.
- Staff will be wearing face masks and we ask our patients to wear masks when it is possible for your face to be covered. You may wear your own mask or one will be provided for you.
Obviously, things can change on a daily basis. We will notify patients of any necessary changes to our daily schedules as quickly as possible. Please be sure to double check your contact information. We look forward to a time when these steps are no longer necessary. If you have any question or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask.
We simply can not wait to see you all again on the 11th!!!!