Women with large breasts or macromastia often suffer from multiple nagging issues on a daily basis. These issues include: chronic neck & back pain, rashes beneath their breasts, grooves cut into their shoulders by bra straps, poor posture and difficulty finding clothes that fit well.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
It is no wonder that women who choose breast reduction at our Idaho Falls practice are some of the most satisfied plastic surgery patients we see. The breast reduction procedure not only removes the excess weight of the breast but also performs a simultaneous breast lift. This lift moves the nipple and areola into a more youthful position as well as giving a significant improvement in the overall shape of the breast.
Meet Our Surgeons
Credentials You Can Trust
It’s easy to learn more about breast reduction surgery – request an appointment online with Dr. Freeman, who is happy to help you explore your cosmetic options. Women visit him for breast reduction from Pocatello, Boise, and Twin Falls, ID; Jackson, WY; and other nearby communities.
How Much Does a Breast Reduction Cost in Idaho?
The cost of a breast reduction will vary depending on the technique used and whether the procedure is being combined with a breast lift or other surgery. Our prices are based on the national average (according to annual data from The Aesthetic Society). After your consultation, we will provide you with a detailed breakdown of costs and can discuss our financing options with you as well.
Breast Reduction Techniques
There are many different breast reduction techniques available to plastic surgeons and their patients today. As with any surgery, there will be scarring, but newer techniques attempt to minimize this. The standard breast reduction technique has been used for decades and results in a consistent breast shape. However, it leaves vertical and horizontal scars on the breast. Newer techniques or vertical breast reductions attempt to reduce the amount of the horizontal scar or eliminate it altogether. Other advanced procedures include laser-assisted breast reduction surgery popularized by one of my mentors, Dr. Grant Stevens, a plastic surgeon in Los Angeles.
Visualize the results of your facial, body, or breast procedure before surgery. The VECTRA system combines your image with medical data to create a highly realistic 3-D simulation.
Why Choose Freeman Plastic Surgery?
At our practice, we believe that it is imperative that each procedure is individually designed to integrate the patient’s wishes with the findings of their physical exam. Factors such as breast size, skin quality, elasticity, chest shape, nipple/areola diameter, and others can determine which procedure is ideal for each patient.
We thoroughly interview each patient during the consultation to discover what concerns her most about her breasts. Together, we will discuss all appropriate options and address which technique will result in the most proportional and aesthetically pleasing breasts.
Commonly Combined Procedures
Many of my breast reduction patients wish to combine their procedure with a breast lift for comprehensive breast enhancement. Patients looking to address other areas of the body as part of a mommy makeover can combine a breast reduction with a tummy tuck or liposuction to transform their shape more completely.
Most patients are able to return to work after 1 to 2 weeks, although individual healing speeds vary. Below is an overview of what you can expect during your recovery period:
- Pain Management: Discomfort can be managed with prescription pain medication and over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Wound Care: We will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your incisions to avoid infection or complications.
- Activity Restrictions: Avoid strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and vigorous exercise during the initial healing phase. Gradually reintroduce physical activities when your surgeon tells you it is safe to do so.
- Supportive Bras: Wear the supportive surgical bra/compression garment continuously for at least 2 weeks and as often as possible over the next 4 to 6 weeks to reduce swelling and encourage healing.
- Swelling and Bruising: Swelling and bruising are normal and will improve over time.
- Scarring: Incision lines will fade and mature over the following months, but following scar care instructions can help promote optimal healing.
- Sensation Changes: Temporary changes in sensation are common but should gradually abate over several months.
- Final Results: It can take up to a year for the swelling to disappear entirely and your tissues to heal and settle. Results will be visible within the first weeks following surgery and will continue to improve over time.