Laser skin resurfacing and rejuvenation treatments at our Idaho Falls practice are popular options for evening out skin coloration, reducing the appearance of acne scars, and enhancing the skin’s overall tone and texture. In the days and weeks following your appointment, there are a few key steps you can take to encourage quick recovery and set the stage for long-lasting results.
In this post, we’ll explain what you can expect when it comes to recuperation and how you can take special care of your skin during that time to keep it looking its best for as long as possible.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments
Our practice offers a variety of specialized laser treatments, each designed to address specific issues.
- Contour TRL™ Laser: We can adjust this erbium YAG laser’s intensity to your ideal level of correction. With this system, we perform both NanoLaserPeel™, gentle treatments for fine lines, and MicroLaserPeels®, deeper treatments often used for correcting sun damage.
- Halo™ Hybrid Fractional Laser: This laser addresses both the surface and deeper levels of the skin by combining ablative and non-ablative wavelengths.
Learn more about laser treatment options in this blog post.
What to Expect After Your Treatment
The first few days following your treatment, you may experience some swelling, which can be treated with a cold compress. Initially, it may help to sleep with your head elevated. Mild stinging or a sunburned feeling is also common, especially after deeper treatments. A cold compress will also help relieve the sensation, along with taking any pain relief medications as directed.
Skin Care During Recovery
As your skin recuperates, it’s important to prevent irritation by slightly adjusting your usual skincare routine.
- Cleansing: Avoid very hot water and use mild products that do not exfoliate the skin. Pat dry to avoid any irritation.
- Hydration: You may need to apply a moisturizer a few times a day. We recommend prescription-grade products by ZO®, Colorescience®, and SkinMedica®, all of which are available at our practice.
- What to avoid: Steer clear of wearing makeup and doing strenuous exercise for the first few days. It’s essential to limit sun exposure and smoking for a few months after your treatment to keep your skin healthy and safe from damage.
Prolonging Your Results
After the recovery period, you can expect to see skin that looks more youthful, even, and refreshed. You can help these results last as long as possible by following a few key tips.
- Use quality skincare products from ZO, Colorescience, and SkinMedica.
- Wear a high-SPF sunscreen daily.
- Stay hydrated, inside and out, with plenty of water and moisturizer.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take supplements designed to boost skin health.
- Get enough beauty sleep every night.
- Make follow-up appointments for further treatments or corrections, if necessary.
If you are interested in getting started with laser skin resurfacing treatments in Idaho Falls, please contact us online or call (208) 881-5351 to request a personal consultation.