As a mom, you constantly put your family first, which is understandable. However, it is important to take care of your own needs too. A mommy makeover at my plastic surgery center in Idaho Falls can help you restore your pre-baby body. You deserve it!
How can pregnancy affect the body?
Pregnancy not only affects your abdomen, but also the rest of your body.
- The production of breast milk and increased breast size during pregnancy can cause the breasts skin to stretch. When you finish breastfeeding, your breasts become less dense and may begin to sag. Unfortunately, they often do not return to their pre-baby size and shape.
- During pregnancy, the six-pack muscles of the abdomen are stretched apart. Sometimes, they do not return to their normal position post-pregnancy, a condition called diastasis recti. This can cause the abdomen to protrude.
- After pregnancy weight gain, women are often left with sagging skin and stubborn fat pockets that are resistant to diet and exercise.
How can a mommy makeover address these changes?
Unfortunately, some of these changes cannot be reversed on your own. With a mommy makeover you can combine multiple procedures in one surgery, with the outcome customized to fit your specific needs. Following are procedures commonly performed in a mommy makeover:
- Breast Augmentation: This procedure can restore volume to your breasts by placing an implant on top or under the chest muscle. Breast augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed in the United States.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift can be combined with an augmentation or performed on its own to enhance the shape and position of your breasts. The traditional technique involves removing excess skin and tissue and repositioning the nipple and underlying breast tissue into a higher position.
- Liposuction: One of the most popular body contouring options is liposuction. Through tiny incisions, fat is removed using small suction tubes called cannulas.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck, also called an abdominoplasty, can correct separated abdominal muscles and provide patients with a smoother and tighter abdomen. It can also remove extra skin and fat from the lower abdomen.
How do I know if this is the right option for me?
A mommy makeover can be beneficial for many women; however, it may not be right for everyone. Discuss your options with a board-certified surgeon to find out if you are a good candidate. Following are a few things to consider:
- You should be finished having children. Though the procedure does not affect your ability to get pregnant or give birth, pregnancy after a mommy makeover will probably affect your results.
- You must be in good overall health. A mommy makeover is an extensive procedure.
- A mommy makeover requires significant downtime, so you should have a positive outlook and realistic expectations for your recovery.
Visit our photo gallery of real patient transformations to get a good idea of your potential with a mommy makeover. If you want to learn more, request a consultation online or give us a call at (208) 881-5351.